Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Cheats, Hints, and Easter Eggs
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) currently has the biggest media sales record at hand, having sold over 1 billion dollars worth of copies in just 16 days. Whether you're already enjoying this AAA shooter or haven't jumped into it just yet, you should probably take a look at the hints / easter eggs listed below to optimize your experience. Enjoy!
There are currently no known cheat codes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Tips / Tricks:
Gold Camo: In order to unlock gold camouflage for a particular weapon, get 1,000 kills with it (reach level 31).
Mother of all Bombs: In order to unlock the M.O.A.B, get a 25 (or 24 with the hardline perk) man kill-streak using only your gun, knife, or equipment. Activating the M.O.A.B. adds insult to injury, killing all enemies on the map and disabling all of their equipment, electronics, and streaks for one minute. Oh, and your team will receive double XP for the rest of the match. Yeah.
Reduce Multiplayer Lag: Select "Options" at the main menu and disable "Theater Recording" if you find that lag is a problem in online games. Alternatively, you might just need to upgrade your connection.
Specialist Killstreak For Easy Experience: Once you’ve gotten to level 20, create a class with the "Hardline" perk and give them the Specialist Killstreak package. This will send your experience points through the roof as you complete challenges and acquire killing streaks (assuming you’re skilled enough to do so).
Teddy Bears, Everywhere: As with most of the other titles in the COD series, there are a number of hidden Teddy Bears in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. In order to see any of these bears, you must first join a private game, then enter free spectate mode. The bears can be found in the following locations:
- Arkaden: In the most open area of the map, find the burger joint. Fly over the counter and through the window, then turn left.
- Bakaara: At the top of the map, go into a small building just to the left of a square area you’ll find yourself in. The bear’s on one of the room’s shelves, ripped in half.
- Bootleg: At the top of the mall area and to the right of the stairs, you’ll find a teddy bear in a black plastic chair in front of a TV.
- Dome: Go through the lowest entrance of the large building, and then enter the room immediately to your right. The bear will be under a desk.
- Lockdown: In Domination, there will be a teddy bear through the top right window of the building, near a number of hanging bodies at point A.
- Mission: One of the houses at the spawn (to the north of the map) has a Teddy bear on one of the top floors along with a message titled "Porter was here" and a drawing.
- Seatown: At the bottom of the well in the southmost area of the map.
- Village(1): Towards the top left edge of the map, you’ll find a building with an open doorway on the top level. Go through it.
- Village(2): Towards the southernmost portion of the map, there will be a small building with a washing machine next to an Arcade console. The bear is on top of the washing machine.
Glitches / Exploits:
Currently, most of the glitches for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 involve getting on top of / outside the multiplayer maps. As it is unlikely that they will be valid for much longer (Infinity Ward’s already patched out several of them), this guide won’t take the time to look at them in much depth. Swing by this website if you want a comprehensive list.
[View Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 images / screenshots +]
[Watch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 videos / trailers +]
[View Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 articles (news, previews, reviews) +]
[View More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 cheats / guides +]
Other stories you may like