Mass Effect 3 War Assets Guide (Missions, Storyline, Scannable Assets)
Even as epic as he is, Commander Shepard can't fight the Reapers by himself. After all, he's only human - try as they might; even the toughest of humans can't punch out Cthulhu alone. In Mass Effect 3, this 'help' takes the form of war assets. An old friend come to lend their gun to the fight, a powerful, ancient warship, a bloodthirsty army of mercenaries…all of these bring Shepard a little closer to victory, and a little farther away from catastrophe. Gathering them isn't always easy, however - some of them require quite a bit of legwork to obtain, while others are exceptionally well-hidden.
With this guide at your side, you'll be able to collect all the assets in no time, and then focus on what's important - saving the galaxy from certain death.
Note that if you're scanning a system that's in a sector under Reaper control, there's a good chance you'll catch the attention of the ancient machines - scan sparingly; else The Normandy might well end up as a casualty of war.
If you're looking for something specific, you can jump to one of these sections by going to the proper page.
Scannable Assets (Page 1)
- Main Storyline Assets (Page 2)
- Mission-Based Assets (Page 3)
- Other Assets (Page 4)
Scattered throughout the galaxy are planets on which valuable artifacts, forces, and supplies are hidden. While some of these are added to your war assets the moment you scan them, others will have to be turned in as quests. We'll include notes so that you know which is which.
- Garvug: Prothean Data Drives. These can be handed in to a soldier in Docking Bay D-24. Note that he only appears after Priority: Citadel 2. You'll gain 40 MS, 15000 credits, and 5 reputation. This is an alliance asset, and will be added to "Alliance Engineering Corps".
- Elohi: Emergency Fuel Pods. These will immediately grant you an additional 30 military strength. Crucible Asset.
- Farlas: Element Zero Converter. This is yet another asset for The Crucible. It's worth 50 MS.
- Alingon: Shadow Broker Starship Tech. Grants an additional 50 MS. Crucible Asset.
- Hagalaz: Shadow Broker Support Team. Grants an additional 40 MS. Alien Asset.
- Zanethu: Terminus Freighters. Worth 30 MS. Crucible Asset.
- Carcosa: After completing Priority: Citadel 2, head to Purgatory, and talk to the Asari Military Trainer near the bar. She's looking for the Library of Asha. Once you've located and scanned in on Carcosa, return to her to gain 40 MS. The Library of Asha is an Asari asset.
- Tevura: Asari Cruiser Cybean. Worth 30 MS. Asari Asset.
- Egalic: Asari Research Ships. Worth 35 MS. Asari Asset.
- Pronoia: Asari Cruiser Nefrane. Worth 30 MS. Asari Asset.
- Polissa: Hesperia Period Statue. After Priority: Citadel 2, go to the bank area of the Presidium Commons. You'll find an Asari lounging nearby, talking about a statue. Retrieve it, and return it to her to add 40 MS to the Alliance Engineering Corps.
- Trikalon: Asari Engineers. Worth 30 MS. Asari Asset.
- Hanalei: Dr. Jelize. Worth 25 MS. Asari Asset.
- Oltan: Elcor Flotilla. Alien Asset, 40 MS.
- Dekuna: Code of the Ancients. Turn in to the Angry Elcor in Purgatory for 5 Reputation, 15,000 Credits, and 40 MS. In doing this, you'll also complete the side mission "Elcor Extraction".
- Nevos: There's an Asari physician in Huerta Memorial who shows up after you complete Priority: Rannoch. Bring the Rings of Alune to her in order to add 40 Military Strength to the Citadel Defense Force War Asset. You'll also gain 5 reputation and 15,000 credits.
- Rothla: Shadow Broker Wet Squad. Alien Asset, nets you 25 MS.
- Castellus: Banner of the 1st Regiment. In Purgatory, there's a Turian officer near James. Listen in on his conversation; then make your way to Digeris in the Castellus System. Return the banner to him to gain 15,000 credits, 5 reputation, and add 40 MS to the Turian 7th Fleet.
- Gemmae: Turian 79th Flotilla. Grants you 40 MS. Turian Asset.
- Irune: Book of Plenix. After completing Priority: Tuchanka and before Priority: Citadel 2, you'll find Barla Von in the bank in the Presidium Commons. Talk to him, and he'll ask you to recover the Book of Plenix. Recover it to add 40 to the "Citadel Defense Forces" Asset.
- Cherk Sab: Volus Fabrication Units. Worth 45 MS. Crucible Asset.
- Solu Paolis: Volus Dreadnought Kwunu. Worth 50 MS. Alien Asset.
Satu Arrd System
- Nalisin: Volus Engineering Team. A Crucible Asset worth 50 MS.
- Skepsis: Javelin Missile Launchers. A Crucible Asset worth 50 MS.
- Asteria: Alliance Frigate Hong Kong. Alliance Asset. Grants 15 MS.
- Kopis: Obelisk of Karza. After completing Priority: Rannoch, you'll find a researcher in the Presidium Commons looking to recover the obelisk. Deliver it to him to add 40 Military Strength to the Alliance Engineering Corps. You'll also receive 15,000 credits and 5 reputation.
- Dobrovolski: Alliance Frigate Leipzig. Adds 15 MS to the Alliance First Fleet.
- Gein Hinnom: Prothean Sphere. Recover this artifact for a refugee in Bay E-28 (Point 4 on the map) in Docks: Holding Area after completing Priority: Rannoch. You'll gain 5 rep, 15,000 credits, and another 40 points for the Alliance Engineering Corps.
- Yamm: Alliance Marine Recon Unit. Adds 25 MS to the 103rd Marine Division Alliance Asset.
- Norehsa: Alliance Frigate Trafalgar. 15 points for the Alliance First Fleet.
- Feros: Exogeni Scientists. 40 points for the Crucible.
- Eletania: Interferometric Array. Adds 45 MS to the Crucible Project.
- Canrum: Haptic Optics Array. Worth 50 points. Crucible Asset.
- Pinnacle Station: Turian Spec Ops Team. Turian Asset worth 40 points.
- Intai'Sei: Fossilised Kakliosaur. At some point after Priority: Geth Dreadnought, you'll hear a Salarian Scientist in the Presidium Commons (outside Apartment 90) talking about how he needs to find something to help the Krogan do battle on toxic worlds. Bring him the Kakliosaur Fossil for 15,000 credits, 5 reputation, and 40 MS for the Krogan Clans.
- Camaron: Advanced Power Relays add 50 MS to the Crucible Project.
- Parag: Alliance Cruiser Nirobi adds 25 MS to the Alliance Third Fleet.
- Nonuel: Special Ops Team Zeta adds 25 points to the 103rd Marine Division Alliance War Asset.
- Juntauma: Alliance Frigate Agincourt will net you an additional 15 points in the Alliance First Fleet.
- Utopia: Prothean Data Files. This Crucible Asset will net you a hefty 75 points to your Military Strength.
- Tyr: Alliance Naval Exploration Flotilla. An Alliance Asset, this will grant you 75 points when it's found.
- Terra Nova: Alliance Cruiser Shanghai will give the Alliance Military an additional 40 points of strength.
- Loki: Alliance Spec Ops Team Delta, found in the Asgard system, is worth 35 MS.
- Khar'Shan: In Area C of The Docks Holding Area, there's a Batarian Preacher. Morale among his people is at an all-time low, and he needs you to retrieve the Pillars of Strength from Khar'Shan in order to help him keep his people hopeful. Once you do, you'll receive an additional 40 Military Strength for the Batarian Fleet War Asset, 15,000 credits, and 5 reputation.
- Vana: The Black Market Artifacts are a part of the "Aria: Blue Suns" Questline. You only need to seek out these items if you're pursuing the paragon option for the mission. Otherwise, you can simply order the hit on Oraka.
(Continued on the Next Page...)
[View Mass Effect 3 images / screenshots +]
[Watch Mass Effect 3 videos / trailers +]
[View Mass Effect 3 articles (news, previews, reviews) +]
[View More Mass Effect 3 cheats / guides +]
Other stories you may like