Yesterday / New York Crimes Walkthrough Guide (Step by Step)
Yesterday (aka New York Crimes in Europe) is a blast from the past, a point-and-click adventure game from Runaway developer Pendulo Studios. The plot centers on John Yesterday, an amnesiac investigator looking into a satanic cult known as the Order of the Flesh. While many will find the gameplay quite simple to pick up and the puzzles not terrible difficult to solve, others may find themselves running in circles trying to find a solution that they just can't seem to work out. Or maybe puzzle games just aren't their thing, and they simply want to experience the plot and "cheat" their way to the end.
Either way, this Yesterday walkthrough guide can help. Good luck!
Henry White: Cadway Station
1. Examine the wall mosaic to the left.
2. Examine the destroyed stairway.
3. Examine the train car. Enter it.
4. Examine the weeping mannequin.
5. Pick up the iron handrail, beer can, and electrical cable. They're on the floor near the mannequin.
6. Examine the door at the end of the car. Go back the way you came.
7. Use the electrical cable on the suitcase.
8. Use the iron handrail on the electrical cable.
9. Open the suitcase to receive a box cutter, screwdriver, and electrical tape.
10. Go back to the train car, and continue through the door on the right side.
11. Examine the toy box, and pick up the electric keyboard and toy phone.
12. Examine the rubble near the car, and pick up a battery operated figure.
13. Use the screwdriver on the battery operated figure.
14. Combine the batteries with the keyboard.
15. Use the screwdriver on the battery operated figure.
16. Combine the batteries with the keyboard.
17. Use the box cutter on the beer can to get a strip of aluminum.
18. Go up the stairs next to the vending machine.
Henry White: Hall of Eternity
1. Tell the truth about who you are.
2. Tell the truth about your family.
3. Answer “to help”
4. Answer with “intelligence.”
5. Answer to first question: Bishop to E7
6. Answer to second question: Pawn to G3
7. Answer to third question: Bishop to E7
Henry White: Boris
1. Exhaust all conversation options with Boris.
2. Use the box cutter on the toy phone to acquire toy receiver.
3. Use the toy receiver on Boris to get phone receiver.
4. Exit the train car to the right.
5. Use the NYC Token on the vending machine to the right of the stairs to receive the half dollar coin.
6. Examine the phone post, and use the phone receiver on it. Use the half dollar coin on the phone.
7. Use the electric keyboard on the repaired payphone.
Cadway Station: Sam Cooper
1. Examine the van for a box of matches and a key.
2. Use the key on the van, and take the baseball bat and gas can.
3. Examine the trash can to acquire a rag.
4. Examine the fence for a length of wire.
5. Combine the rag and the bat.
6. Use the gas can on the unlit torch-baseball bat.
7. Combine the box of matches with the unlit torch to get a lit torch.
8. Enter the Cadway Station Tunnels.
9. Pick up the electrical cable and iron bar.
10. Use the iron bar on the door of the train car.
11. Examine the mannequin in the car and take bullets from its pocket.
12. Examine the coat to acquire a plastic receiver.
13. Leave through the right side door.
14. Examine the basketball hoop to acquire it.
15. Examine the rubble blocking the door near the stairs to clear it.
16. Use the iron bar on the padlock of the door.
17. Enter the old storeroom.
18. Combine the basketball hoop and electrical cable for a makeshift grappling hook.
19. Use the grappling hook on the pipe on the ceiling.
20. Take the revolver, and combine it with the bullets for a loaded revolver.
21. Examine and pick up the iron door to Cooper's left.
22. Use the iron door on the pipe in the center of the room. Walk across and jump to the other side.
23. Go up the stairs to the Holy Grounds. Use the revolver on Choke.
1. Exhaust all conversation options between Henry and John.
1. Use the phone to call Mrs. Yesterday, and exhaust all conversation options.
2. Examine everything in the room. Use the target icon to see what you can interact with.
3. Move the painting on the wall next to the bathroom aside, and examine the safe.
4. Pick up the notebook, fountain pen, and letter opener from the desk.
5. Exit onto the balcony. Pick up the welcome card from the table.
6. Examine the hot tub. Turn it on using the panel on the wall.
7. Examine the horse head statue.
8. Use the letter opener on the statue to sharpen it.
9. Use the sharpened letter opener on Gustave Dore's painting to get another welcome card, this one with pieces cut out from it.
10. Enter the bathroom and take the rosemary oil bottle, hand cream, soap, and towel.
11. Examine the sink, and turn on the hot water.
12. Use the letter opener on the extractor fan to remove the cover.
13. Use the towel on the extractor fan, and replace the cover.
14. Turn on the hot water tap for the first word: ALCHEMY.
15. Go back out to the balcony, and use the welcome card with cutout on the Eiffel tower for the second word: REVOLUTION.
16. Call the desk clerk and tell him the code words. He will bring you the envelope.
17. Open the envelope to acquire note and swimming goggles.
18. Call Henry White, and exhaust all conversation options.
19. Use the swimming goggles on the hot tub to acquire a plastic package.
20. Open the package for a key.
21. Return to the hotel room, and use the key on the safe. Pick up the business card inside the safe.
1. Talk to the woman at the desk, and exhaust all conversation options. Regardless of what you say, she'll have a great deal of animosity towards John. She gives John a key.
2. Examine everything in the room, including the tapestry and the shelf with a bird on it.
3. Pick up the scissors and loupe.
4. Talk to the man in red and exhaust all conversation options.
5. Use the key Pauline gave you on the door.
6. Take the small cross from the back wall.
7. Examine the shelf containing a duck, a lamp, and a bull statue to obtain the lamp full of oil.
8. Pick up the Alchemy box near the left wall.
9. Examine the Notre Dame façade by the door. Attempt to pick it up.
10. Take the Alchemy symbol chart from the wall above the desk.
11. Open the hatch above the desk for the ultraviolet light.
12. At the end of the table, there's a wooden bar with a Y. pick it up.
13. Examine the large cross to the right of the stairs, and use the small cross on it. It won't work.
14. Use the Alchemy box on the large cross, and you'll be confronted with a puzzle.
1. Place the salt symbol on the top arm of the cross.
2. Place the symbol for mercury on the right arm of the cross.
3. Place the symbol for sulfur on the left arm of the cross.
4. Place the symbol for fire on the bottom arm of the cross.
5. Use the small cross on the large cross, and take the diary.
The Truth Comes Out
1. Use the Diary.
2. Leave the room, and talk to Pauline. Exhaust all conversation options.
3. Use the scissors on the diary to get a rubber band.
4. Use the rubber band on the wooden bar to get a scytale.
5. Use the ultraviolet light on the scytale.
6. Examine the hatch above Pauline's desk to obtain keys.
7. Go to the upper level of the room, and use the keys to open the locked door.
8. Take the katana from the samurai.
1. Examine everything in the Meditation Room. Take the ladle from the water jar.
2. Exhaust all conversation options with Olhik Adarf.
3. Go out to the balcony, and examine the incense burner, the brick railing, the protruding piece of wood, the nest, and the truth flower bush.
4. Leave the building through the middle door, and examine the dead bush.
5. Take the rope from the sled, and examine the pulley to the right of the bridge.
6. Take the planks to the left side of the bridge, and examine the bust.
7. Go back inside. Examine, then use the razor on the door to the meditation room for hinges and screws, as well as the decorations.
8. Play the Master's game. Lose.
9. Take the katana from the Yak's mouth.
10. Use the katana on the window to the left.
11. Play another game with the master. Play three times.
12. Return the katana to its place, and go out on the balcony.
13. Combine the decoration with the planks for a long plank.
14. Go out the right door, and turn a prayer wheel in the bell area.
15. Examine the bell, and the log.
16. Pick up the cereal and legumes sack, and corn.
17. Use the long plank on the log.
18. Put the sack of legumes to the right end of the plank.
19. Use the rope on the log. Ring the bell.
1. Jump down from the roof of the warehouse.
2. Exhaust all conversation options with Boris.
3. Examine the gate of the warehouse.
4. Pick up the rubber tires.
5. Go to the right and examine the fence near the train cars for a clamp.
6. Pick up the nearby wooden beam.
7. Open a rail car, and examine the boxes for a professional camera.
8. Pick up a roll of tape.
9. Return to the warehouse, and go left.
10. Examine the trash heap for a circular blade.
11. Examine the canvas to pick it up, revealing a tripod.
12. Use the Camera on the tripod.
13. Examine the logo on the tower's wall.
14. Combine the wooden beam and circular blade with the clamp for a makeshift axe.
15. Use the axe on the logo, and climb up.
16. Pick up the can of red paint.
17. Combine the camera and the rubber tires, and cover it with the canvas for a canvas and red tape for a canvas wrapped camera. Drop it from the roof of the warehouse.
19. Examine the trash can to your left for an RCA cable.
20. Examine the oven controls in the building's center.
21. Examine the fire axe cabinet, and use the canvas on it. Take the fire axe.
22. Examine the oven, and press the button on the right side.
23. Examine the cabinet behind the desk. Use the axe on it, and pick up a plan.
24. Go towards the control panel desk, and examine the monitor.
25. Use the RCA Cable on the video out jack, Use the camera on the cable.
26. Use the red button to cycle through until you reach camera 6. Examine the monitor.
27. Use the plan on switch A of the control panel.
28. Flip switch F.
29. Press the green button on the control panel.
30. Exit the control area.
31. Press the red button on the right of the oven door.
32. Use canvas on the oven door.
St. Fergus Church
1. Examine the cross, and click on the center of it.
2. Examine the ground in front of the cross.
3. Examine the stained glass window.
4. Exit to the right.
5. Examine the pole and tombstone. Pick up the scrub brush.
6. Track down the batteries. They can either be at the left / right edge of the large rock ledge, on top of the mountain to the left, on the top and leftmost edge of the right mountain, or on the path on the central mountain.
7. Enter the ruined church.
8. Talk to Pauline. Exhaust all conversation options.
9. Pick up alcohol, cobalt, zinc, mercury, gold, salt, sulfur, vinegar, a cooking pot, and the shovel.
10. Take water from the lake in the cooking pot and combine the pot of water with vinegar.
11. Put the pot of water with vinegar on the camp stove, and use the lighter.
12. Go back to the cross, and combine the heated pot and scrub brush.
13. Use the brush on the cross.
14. Dig up the mound of dirt at the cross's base with the shovel. You'll receive a coin of judgement.
Cross Puzzle Take 2
1. Place salt in the top plate of the cross.
2. Unplug the hole of the cross's right arm with a knife.
3. Place mercury in the unblocked hole.
4. Place sulfur in the left arm of the cross.
5. Place alcohol in the bottom hole.
6. Use lighter on the alcohol.
7. Go down the flight of stairs that appear.
1. Examine the three bowls in front of the master.
2. Take a block of butter from the middle bowl.
3. Use the ladle on the left bowl for honey.
4. Pick up the katana again. Leave the room.
5. Go to the bell area, and pick up corn.
6. Go to the balcony. Place honey on the brick.
7. Use corn on the brick.
8. Get more corn, and place it on the brick.
9. Pick up the truth flower seeds.
10. Go outside, and use the katana to dig up the dead bush.
11. Plant the truth flower seeds.
12. Examine the pulley on the right side of the bridge, and use butter on it.
13. Turn the crank, and use the katana to obtain a pail with rope.
14. Examine the dragon head statue to the left. Use the pail with rope on it.
15. Go inside, and place the pail with icicles on the incense burner for a pail of water.
16. Water the planted seeds.
17. Talk to everyone. Exhaust all conversation options.
18. Choose between the three leading characters to determine what ending you get. As John, you can either pick up the heated knife, or use the batteries on the doll at the top of the pillar on the left.
[View Yesterday images / screenshots +]
[Watch Yesterday videos / trailers +]
[View Yesterday articles (news, previews, reviews) +]
[View More Yesterday cheats / guides +]
Other stories you may like