2K offering $100,000 in cash and prizes during Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt
It’s possible that there are Borderlands 2 fans that have played the game to death and no longer feel the need for looting and shooting. In which possible case, 2K and Gearbox have just the thing to get those folks back into Pandora: $100,000 in cash and prizes.
From October 11 (beginning at 7:00 a.m. Pacific) to November 7 (ending at 2:00 a.m. Pacific), 2K will give players the chance to score some big, real-world loot in the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt. Every day during this event, players will be given the task of hunting down a specific target. Doing so will land players a chance to win special weekly prizes, as well as a grand prize of $50,000 in real-world money.
Extra prizes for lucky participants in the Loot Hunt include:
- PlayStation Vitas bundled with Borderlands 2 (will ship when the game launches in 2014)
- Customized Borderlands 2 XP SEVEN headsets from Turtle Beach
- Nvidia Shield PC Streaming set-up and custom-painted Tiki PC by Falcon Northwest
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti GFX cards
- Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Strategy Guides by BradyGames
- Lifetime supplies of all 2K titles on Steam – past, present, and future
In addition to the Loot Hunt, fans can also take part in Community Goals, daily challenges that involve taking out a certain enemy with a certain gun, which reward players with a new in-game weapon if enough players take out the targeted enemy.
All those interested in taking part in the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt can learn more about it on Gearbox’s website via the link below.
A writer, journalist, and aspiring storyteller, Peter Grimm has been gaming since the days of the Nintendo 64, and reporting on the goings-on in the World of Gaming since late 2011. His base of writing operations is located within the void between Here and There, or so he would have you think.
[Other Gaming News +]
MORE FROM GAMEDYNAMO