Kalypso Reveals Release Window and Key Features for Tropico 4
Kalypso Media announced this morning that Tropico 4 is well on its way through the development process and will be ready to hit store shelves worldwide in the second quarter of 2011.
The best projections we've seen so far is an April 2011 release, though Kalypso and Haemimont Games are keeping their options open by sticking to the Q2 2011 release window.
Tropico 4 will make its way to PCs and the Microsoft Xbox 360, and is the latest entry in the strategy simulation that places players in the role of "El Presidente" -- the iron-fisted leader of a fictional Caribbean banana republic.
Through the use of superpower alliances, the support of specific factions, the construction of infrastructure, and the raising of a powerful army, El Presidente will be able secure his nation's independence, his name in the history books, and the enrichment of his personal fortune -- often at the expense of his people.
According to Kalypso, Tropico 4 "expands on the gameplay of the previous game" with new political additions such as additional superpowers to negotiate with and the ability to elect ministers to key positions of power. Graphics also look to be vastly improved.
Below we've included the game's key features, and we have the latest screenshots on our Tropico 4 game page.
- New campaign – Face 20 new challenging missions across 10 entirely new maps
- Build Your Vision of Island Perfection – Not only are the graphics enhanced, but 20 new buildings including the stock exchange, shopping mall, aqua park and a mausoleum for El Presidente allow you to craft your perfect balance of beauty and economic efficiency
- State of Emergency - Six new interactive disasters including volcanoes, droughts and tornadoes prove that Mother Nature can be a tougher adversaries than opponents bent on your political ouster
- Council of Ministers - Appoint selected citizens to ministerial posts to help push through and enact your more controversial decisions and edicts
- National Agenda – Receive objectives from Tropican factions, foreign geopolitical powers or opportunities relating to current island events that can further or hamper your dictatorial ambitions
- Facebook and Twitter integration – Post live Tweets directly from the game or create posts automatically upon completion of missions, unlocking achievements, etc. Store and display achievements and screenshots of your ultimate island empire on Facebook and compare your Dictator Rankings against others online (Windows PC only feature)
[Other Gaming News +]
More from GameDynamo