E3 2014: Ubisoft Press Conference - Highlights, Live-Stream
- The event begins with a trailer for Far Cry 4, which gives us a look at the antagonist and plot of the game.
- Ubisoft's Aisha Tyler takes the stage, introducing Just Dance 2015. In addition to an updated track-list, this iteration will allow people to use their smartphones to sync up and play online in real-time, latency-free.
- Next up, a creepy trailer for Tom Clancy’s The Division gives us a depressing look at the game’s post-apocalyptic, post-pandemic world. The world is in shambles, and bandits scour the city, preying on the weak while government forces attempt to "cleanse" the infection with fire.
- Things get a bit more lighthearted with another look at Ubisoft’s upcoming open-world racing MMO, The Crew. After the trailer, creative director Julian Gerighty explains his team’s community-driven approach to the game. Players in seven locations worldwide – from Montreal to Dubai to Los Angeles – have formed crews and are competing against one another in a worldwide contest for a grand prize. The finals are on June 10 and 11 on Twitch. The closed beta of The Crew opens July 23, but players can register right now. The Crew will launch November 11 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Assassin’s Creed Creative Director Alexandre Amancio takes the stage next, unveiling a new trailer for Assassin’s Creed Unity. The game is set in Paris at the turn of the 19th century; unlike Microsoft’s trailer – which focused primarily on the assassins – this one's a bit more cinematic, showing some of the revolution’s carnage. After the trailer, Amancio plays through one of the missions in the game, which saw Arnaut seeking out and executing a templar lawman in the midst of an execution. He emphasizes that Unity is all about player choice, and that it’ll evolve based on how it’s played.
- Shape Up’s creative director joins the show next, announcing a partnership with Microsoft which will kick off a ‘new era of fitness games.’ Shape Up transforms your workout into a video game in an attempt to make fitness fun. Ubisoft then treats us to two delightfully absurd demos – one involves a DDR-esque cardio workout, the other a head-to-head pushups competition.
- Valiant Hearts is next; a puzzle-platformer set during the Great War. Focused on the story of four strangers who seek to help a young German soldier find his love– and inspired by letters written during the war – the game presents a sobering look at the first World War, one which promises to leave not a single dry eye among those who play it.
- Yves Guillemot finishes off the conference, strutting onto the stage to unveil the capstone of the conference – a trailer for tactical shooter Rainbow Six: Siege, which shows the co-op gameplay in action. It looks downright incredible, and features fully-destructible terrain, top-notch physics, and what looks to be incredibly-involved in-game tactics.
Ubisoft's E3 2014 PlayStation Press Conference is scheduled to take place at the L.A. Theater in Los Angeles on Monday, June 9, 2014, at 3:00pm Pacific.
The event's live broadcast will be available on Twitch, YouTube, and Spike TV. Also... you can just watch the live stream right here! Come back to check out a recap of the event's highlights, right on this page, when it's all over.
[Other Features +]
MORE FROM GAMEDYNAMO